○ Define/identify basic terms and elements of ACL
○ Use ACL to:
– Set up a menu item
– Create appropriate permissions for users
– Check for permissions in permissions management tree structures
To verify your understanding, ask yourself these questions:
- For what purpose is the _isAllowed() method used and which class types implement it?
- What is the XML syntax for adding new menu element?
- What is adminhtml.xml used for? Which class parses it, and which class applies it?
- Where is the code located that processes the ACL XML and where is the code that applies it?
- What is the relationship between Magento and Zend_Acl?
- How is ACL information stored in the database?
These code references can be used as an entry point to find answers to the questions above: